Infections caused by bacteria sensitive to co-trimoxazole:
– Urinary tract infections caused by E. coli, Klebsiella spp., Enterobacter spp., Morganella morganii, Proteus mirabilis and Proteus vulgaris.
– Acute otitis media caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae and H. influenzae,
– Exacerbation of chronic bronchitis caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae and H. influenzae,
– Gastrointestinal infections caused by Shigella bacilli.
– Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia and prevention of infection in immunocompromised patients (such as AIDS).
– Diarrhea in adults caused by E. coli.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
How to use:
Take the pill during or immediately after a meal. Drink plenty of water when taking the medication.
Infections of the urinary tract, gastrointestinal tract caused by Shigella bacilli and exacerbation of chronic bronchitis in adults:
The usual dose is 960mg co-trimoxazole (2 tablets Biseptol 480), 2 times a day.
Use 10-14 days for gastrointestinal infections, 14 days for acute bronchitis and 5 days for gastrointestinal infections caused by Shigella bacilli.
Infections of the urinary tract, gastrointestinal tract caused by Shigella bacilli and acute otitis media in children:
Usually 48 mg co-trimoxazole / kg body weight / day in 2 divided doses. Do not exceed the recommended dose for adults.
Administer 10 days for gastrointestinal infections and acute otitis media, 5 days for infections caused by Shigella bacilli.
Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in adults and children:
The recommended dose is 90-120 mg co-trimoxazole / kg body weight / day in 4 divided doses over 14-21 days.
Prevention of infections caused by Pneumocystis carinii:
Adults: 960 mg co-trimoxazole (2 tablets Biseptol 480), 1 time / day for 7 days.
Children: 24 mg co-trimoxazole / kg body weight, divided into 2 doses for 3 consecutive days. Maximum dose of 1920 mg (4 tablets Biseptol 480).
Diarrhea in adults caused by E. coli:
The recommended dose is 960mg (2 tablets Biseptol 480) every 12 hours.
* For patients with renal impairment
Half dose reduction for patients with renal impairment with creatinine clearance of 15-30 ml / min; Do not use the drug for patients with creatinine clearance less than 15 ml / minute.
– People sensitive to co-trimoxazole (sulfamethoxazole combined with trimethoprim), sulfonamide or trimethoprim and other ingredients of the drug.
– Diagnosis of damage to liver parenchyma.
– Severe renal impairment without monitoring plasma drug levels.
– Serious pathologies of the hematopoietic system.
– Patients with megaloblastic anemia due to lack of folic acid.
– Patients with glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency
– Infants younger than 2 months old (risk of nuclear jaundice).
In a tightly closed container, at a temperature below 300C, in a cool dry place, protected from light.
SHELF LIFE:60 months from date of manufacture.
CENTRAL PHARMACEUTICAL JOINT STOCK COMPANY 1 – PHARBACO
160 Ton Duc Thang – Dong Da – Hanoi
Phone: (84-4) 38454561; Fax: (84-4) 38237460
Made in: Thanh Xuan – Soc Son – Hanoi